Sunday, January 07, 2007

The 'Men Of Honour' Series

I intend to write a series of posts titled “Men of Honour”. The series will be about people who have taught me great values of life. They are ordinary people whom I have come across in my journey of life. I know not the names of many of them. Yet, they made me think and they influenced me. Some of the people who would find a mention are: the farmer in the bus who argued with a person who tried to convert him to Christianity – his views on religion and God amazed me; my house owner at Mysore – from whom I learnt a lot about social service, patriotism and life on the whole; two young students (in bus) both of them deaf and dumb – who taught me a strong lesson on hope; the village schoolmaster – whose views on education left me dumbfounded; my Tae-kwon-do master and a mess worker – both of whom taught me a lot about dedication at work; the list will keep extending…

There are some things that need a mention at this stage. Firstly, there are several others who do not figure in this series but influenced me. I do not mention them intentionally since they are too close to make a mention in my own blogspot. If I write about them, it would be nothing short of boasting. Secondly – about the title, it is just to attract the readers. So, it in no way means that I honour only men… I will write about women too in this series – if someone does influence me. The first post in this series will appear soon…

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Interesting..Post it ..Waiting to read.

"there are several others who do not figure in this series but influenced me.."

I think a bit of boasting wont do any harm.Put them too :)

Tuesday, January 30, 2007  
Blogger akp said...

hmm... I will think about it...

by the way, you may have to wait a bit long time since my mood changed and I am currently writing an article titled, "Of Marriages"...

Saturday, February 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's an interesting series...am joining the queue of people waiting to read them too

btw, very thoughtful posts you've got in your blog

Saturday, July 14, 2007  
Blogger akp said...

Thanks... and I think it can't be called a queue 'cause very few drop in by my blogspot for two reasons...

1. I take long time to write...

2. Very few have the patience to read my blogs... :)

Monday, July 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey though being ur cousin I havn't had opportunities to knw u better..but this blog of urs is really intstg n I wud lik to knw more..so pls cont u writing this..waiting to read more soon..

Thursday, September 20, 2007  
Blogger akp said...

hmm... sometimes it requires internet even to know about cousins... :)

surely, I'll keep writing... already there are several articles half-written...

keep reading (happy to know that I have got one more reader for my blogspot!)

Friday, September 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home